“Get busy living or get busy dying.” (Stephen King)
As I mentioned in a recent post, I’ve been lately reminded of the importance of making my time count. Whether I get 40 or 80 years on this earth, I don’t want to leave without having given this life a damn good try. So I’m writing it down — making a small digital monument to the to-do list as it currently stands. Some things are concrete. Others are not. Since not too many people read this blog, today’s post is mostly for me, but if you happen across it, feel free to reflect on your own list and share your own Tomorrow’s-Not-A-Promise List.
- Pitch a tv show.
- Get published.
- Try out for a roller derby team.
- Try my hand at podcasting.
- Love someone deeply with abandon.
- Improve my fiction game.
- Raise my kids to be kind humans.
- Get better at minimalism.
- Design and build a tiny house in my backyard.
- Practice being present with my kids every day.
- Transcend the first-world bullshit.
- Learn a new language.
That’s all for now — this post brought to you by grief, joy, love, and Bailey’s.